North America is acclaimed for its amazing and breathtakingly scenic driving roads over the world, making trips more pleasant, less tiring and comfortable. Here we suggest 10 best driving roads In North America.
1.When naming the best driving roads in North America, probably Pacific Coast Highway is unsurpassable for its attractiveness. The sparkling view of Pacific Ocean is the best option for those who are lovers of amazing ocean sights. The whole view completes by huge waves striking ocean side cliffs and sunny beaches plenty of cozy cafes and luxurious restaurants. However, it not advisable to indulge in to the beautiful scene to much, because at times driving can be dangerous.
2.To admire the beauty of Alaska one must choose his/her way over The Denali Highway or Alaska Route 8, as it sometimes is referred. This road is thought as the mostly gravel highway of Alaska. Driving over this road, you will have the chance to glorify the gorgeous views of Mount McKinley. The road passes over Maclaren River valley opening a spectacular view to Maclaren and West Maclaren glaciers. If you have a camera with you, you can capture the scenery of colorful wildflowers and trees, which are in their best fit during autumn.
3. Another cool road in Alaska is the Seward Highway. The roadside beauties of wild nature include jugged mountains covered with glaciers. The road has been called All-American Road by the US government, which suggests that it is a destination unto itself. At the official start of the road opens up a gorgeous view to Resurrection Bay and you can admire it from every curve of the road. So, The Pacific Ocean surrounded by snow-covered mountains will make your road over Seward Highway unforgettable.
4. Highway 1, aka “Big Sur’’ runs from San Simeon to Carmel. It is one of the best roads for those who love the scene of huge and risky cliffs. The view of Pacific Ocean below the cliffs forms a nice combination of natural beauty thus making your trip interesting and adventurous.
5. Historic Route 66 or Route 66, as it was once called, is famous as the Main Street of America. The reason for the assumption is that it goes through all of the small towns. You can find many restaurants, cafes, hotels and motels on the way. Route 66 is believed to be as a part of national history of North America, as it served as the main road for the people who migrated west in 1930s at Dust Bowl times.
6. US-50 Road is referred as The Loneliest Road in America. The name comes from a large isolated area traversed by the route, which has no signs of civilization and first was referred by Life magazine in July 1986. US-50 Road starches from Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean, over 3.200 miles. It is noteworthy that you pass through several states, such as Colorado, Washington, D.C, San Francisco, Nevada, driving over US-50 Road. So, you come across a variety of mountain and valleys on your way.
7. The other one of 10 best driving roads in North America is Florida Keys or Highway 1, connecting Florida mainland to island of Key West. Charming beauty of the see is completed by the pop culture. If you appreciate the delicious taste of seafood, on your way you can find to several restaurants serving good dishes made of seafood. To put it in other way, anyone can find picturesque nature scenes and a lot of places of having fun driving over the road of Florida Keys.
8. Hels Canyon Road is the best choice for the travelers who are fond of advantages. The road starts from Coopersfield Campground, Oregon continuing its way to Hells Canyon Dam. It is a abundant wilderness area surrounded by jagged canon wall, the road runs along the Snake River for 22 miles.
9. As you can see, Oregon has plenty of interesting roads. The other one is called Route 245-Route 7-Route 26 Loop. What makes the road outstanding is that the traffic is nonexistent here. This means that you can drive for miles without meeting another car on your way. This road is a real happiness for those who are tired of intense traffic jams of big roads.
10. And finally, the list of 10 best driving roads in North America accomplishes Route 9W Highway. It is mainly a two-lane surface road, connecting the states New Jersey and New York. It runs alongside Storm King Mountain, from where a breathtaking view of rivers, valleys and highlands opens.
If you are looking for the best sport car available on the market today, this car is the best possible choice. LaFerrari is exactly what a supercar should look and sound like. Not mentioning that the design is perfect leaving little space for something to add, it is truly the pinnacle of automotive technology. On the road this car is beast, cutting corners is never easier due to the perfect design that offers low center of gravity.
Price and performance.
This car is perfect in every way. Performance, complex multi-layer carbon fiber design should natualy be parallel with the price itself. For example Porsche 918 is around $845,000, McLaren P1 can be found at car shows for around $1,155,000 and this beauty goes for the price of $1,310,500. And that’s a proper price for a car like this. It’s built from not one but 4 super layers of carbon fiber to keep it as light as possible. In fact it is lighter than Porsche and McLaren. The driver seat is fixed, instead the wheel and the pedals are adjustable. This means that the person driving it can sit extremely low. Roof can be lower as well, and that drops the center of gravity providing much easier corner cutting.
Like the McLaren and the Porsche, LaFerrari is a hybrid- it has a petrol engine and an electric one as well. But whereas the other two can be driven on electric power alone like the Toyota Prius, LaFerrari can’t. This is because Ferrari stated that they are not interested in electric cars. The battery and electric motor combination works a bit like kinetic energy recovery system. In simple terms, it captures energy that would normally go to waste, during braking for example, and keeps it to use when you need it. Electric motor and the petrol engine are working together at the same time, you cannot separate them. This is a 950 horsepower supercar. Despite the racing technology and the design it requires it is actually very comfortable inside. This is supposed to be the fastest and the most exciting car to ride ever created by the Ferrari.
Without mentioning we can assume that LaFerrari can achieve speed of 100 km/h in about 3 seconds. With the top speed of 218 mph, that is 350 km/h this car is truly the fastest sport car that Ferrari ever manufactured. But it’s not just the amazing horsepower that’s impressive it’s the way how it’s served up. On top of that Ferrari had remembered that not everyone would drive this car like Sebastian or Hamilton. Because this car can throttle up before you think, Ferrari does all the thinking for you due to very sophisticated traction control system that is based on F1 technology.
LaFerrari also has a very specific aerodynamic system that is adjustable, which is controlled by 21 computers. So even the inexperienced driver will take advantage of those sharp corners.